Summer in Louisville means picnics, amusement parks and festivals. But, it’s also a great time to go through a checklist to make sure your bathroom plumbing is up to par. Better to prepare now than to deal with issues in the winter!
- Check around the base of the toilet for signs of water damage (i.e.; rolled vinyl, black or white stains).
- To check for a “soft floor,” stand straddled over the toilet and rock back and forth on each foot. If the floor feels spongy, it is probably rotting or weakened.
- Check to see how fast the toilet flushes.
- Check for leaky or loose tiles by pressing on the walls where they come in contact with the bathtub. If the walls are soft, water may have created damage behind the tiles.
- Provide a trash bin in the bathroom so the toilet isn’t used as a garbage can. Never flush cotton swabs, cotton balls, hair, facial scrub pads, diapers, sanitary products or similar items down the toilet. These items will not easily dissolve and are responsible for most clogs
Hope these tips help!
Need assistance with plumbing? Contact Us!